PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Also, we share your personal information with our suppliers and post services that they can send orders to you.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information on our website.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada, the United States, and Ukraine.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTIONIn our everyday business operations we make use of a variety of data about visitors, including data about:
- Users of our websites
- Subscribers to our newsletters
- Other stakeholders
The purpose of this policy is to set out the relevant legislation and to describe the steps we take to ensure that we comply with it.
This control applies to all systems, people and processes that constitute our information systems, including directors and employees who have access to our systems.
The following elements of the GDPR legislation are relevant to this Notice:
- Data Protection Impact Assessment Process
- Personal Data Mapping Procedure
- Legitimate Interest Assessment Procedure
- GDPR Roles and Responsibilities
- Records Retention and Protection Policy
To find out more about the details of how we protect, process, use and share your data, read the sections below
DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONThe General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) is one of the new pieces of legislation affecting the way that we carry out our information processing activities. Significant fines are applicable if a breach is deemed to have occurred under the GDPR, which is designed to protect the personal data of citizens of the European Union. It is our policy to ensure that our compliance with the GDPR and other relevant legislation is clear and demonstrable at all times.
The data subject – i.e. you - also has rights under the GDPR. These consist of:
- Your right to be informed
- Your right of access
- Your right to rectification
- Your right to erasure
- Your right to restrict processing
- Your right to data portability
- Your right to object
- Your rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Each of these rights are supported by appropriate procedures within Marie Mur that allow the required action to be taken within the timescales stated in the GDPR.
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as ecommerce providers like Shopify, payment service providers like Amazon Pay, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to contact us via social media channels)
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.